Passfire has reached its funding goal! I’ll say it again: Passfire has reach its funding goal! And not only that, Passfire is now in the running for Project of the Month on IndieWire. That’s huge.
For those who haven’t already heard (admittedly unlikely), Passfire will be the definitive film about the world’s most amazing fireworks, and the stories of the people and cultures behind them.
For example, in mid-February, we attended the 4th Philippine International Pyromusical Competition in Manila, where we filmed two amazing fireworks displays by competitors from Japan and Finland.
In a pyromusical display, every single firework has been choreographed to music, reflecting the show designer’s own unique visual interpretation of the score. It’s beautiful, and there is nothing else quite like it.
We launched a Kickstarter campaign last month and have seen a tremendous outpouring of support from fireworks enthusiasts and film fans around the world. With their help we reached our initial funding goal of $38,000 this past weekend. We are extremely thankful and ecstatic to see so many people as excited about the film as we are.
But our work isn’t over yet; we still have 5 days to go before the end of our Kickstarter campaign on March 1, and since we met our goal early, we would like to now ask for your help to overfund it. Or as Oliver Twist says, “Please sir, I want some more.”
More? Yes, even though we have met our goal, we still have 5 days to continue to raise money. But why do we need to overfund the campaign?
Simple. Raising additional funds will allow us to make Passfire the masterpiece it deserves to be.
If we can hit a new stretch-goal of $45,000 by March 1, we will be able to bring you additional mind-blowing footage from around the world such as the wild fireworks-fiestas of Tultepec, Mexico honoring the patron saint of pyrotechnics, San Juan de Dios, and the fireworks traditions of the small Mediterranean island of Malta, where nearly every village has its own pyrotechnics workshops.
And hitting $55,000 would be amazing – it would allow us to film fireworks with a state-of-the art high-speed camera so that you can see the action in all its super slow motion glory. Which is just… wow!
If you’ve been thinking about pledging, but haven’t yet, please join us in our final week. Here are some great reasons to support Passfire:
1) For the cost of a morning coffee you can help fund the arts.
2) We are offering some awesome co-branded Clyde Fitch Report/Passfire merch.
3) Get your name in the credits and on IMDb and next time someone googles you, you’ll look like a Hollywood insider!
4) $20 is the price of a modest firework that lasts a minute. For $20 you can get an HD copy of the film that will last forever!
5) What’s better than fireworks? Fireworks in slow-motion! If everyone reading this donated $10 today, we could bring you footage in super-slow motion.
6) By supporting Passfire, you are supporting independent documentary, not reality TV.
7) You’ll be directly involved in making this amazing film possible.
8) Donating makes people happy-it has been proven by science!
9) Help us overfund Passfire, and you won’t be seeing another post from us about our Kickstarter again!
10) Our friends at Killing My Lobster put it best: Everyone loves fireworks! (Except dogs, but they can’t use Kickstarter.)