A War Criminal Slow Jams the “News”
Have you noticed how corporate media works to entertain and indoctrinate you with the government’s rendition of news rather than the real news? And how they include entertainment talk shows to pad the process?
President Obama “slow jammed the news” on NBC’s “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” last week, gab-crooning how he had made the nation better with his administration’s Iran nuclear deal, renewed diplomatic ties with Cuba, gave us affordable health care and is supporting the highly criticized Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
Fallon’s rap huskily sweet-talked how: “President Obama stimulated long-term growth. In 2008, the country wasn’t feeling in the mood. It was too tired, stressed — said it had a headache. Barack lit some candles and got some silky satin sheets. Told the American people, ‘Yes, we can.’” Their smooth propaganda bit has received nearly 35 million views online.
the jive propaganda missed major infractions
But we don’t elect a president to jive propaganda. We elect a president to follow the law and execute his office to help the nation and the world, and not to go against the U.S. Constitution and international law, nor endanger civilization. The dystopian duo’s slow jam, however, missed several major infractions during Obama’s reign. And they cannot, and should not, be forgotten or overlooked:
- War crimes for overseeing the droning deaths and wounding of thousands of civilians, including women and children.
- His waging a battle to punish whistleblowers who reported illegal government activity.
- His Justice Department spied on the press and also intimidated journalists with threats of imprisonment.
- His NSA spies on everybody.
- He’s continuing the neo-con endless, aggressive wars, causing chaos in the Middle East and leading us closer to major wars with Russia and China.
- He’s supplying weapons to other countries like Saudi Arabia that are murdering civilians.
- He’s leading a historic rebuilding of nuclear weapons.
No doubt presidents like George W. Bush (See our column “A Bush Insider Cites War Crimes Against his President, VP”) and Obama would be tried before the International Criminal Court for war crimes, but there’s one minor problem: the United States isn’t a signatory to the ICC. So the court tries only small-country dictators. How safe and secure that is for the power wielders in the Oval Office and the Millionaire Congress. How unsafe and insecure they’ve made it for citizens worldwide.
But wasn’t the Prez cute standing there with Fallon doing standup on corporate media? And wasn’t the audience of cowed faithful — addicted to entertainment and uncaring about the real world — inspiring with its standing ovation?
Perhaps you should consider — when casting ballots for president, vice president and Congress — whether you want connivers who will continue the destructive path of aggressive war and surveillance — or public servants who will take care of our people and our planet.